<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Happy Sunday! 

Ah, Sundays. There's nothing quite like sitting around all morning in your bathrobe, drinking strong coffee until colored sentences cascade behind your eyes and your hands start to shake. Surfing the internet at the same time adds a surreal dimension to the experience. So does a failure to take your meds. Or in my case, doubling my prescription on an empty stomach.

It is Sunday, so there's a new Zirealism on thingsihate.org and I've just discovered a treasure trove of Funny Pages in the New York Times Sunday Magazine (registration required, but worth every penny (it's free.)) They've got an Elmore Leonard serialization and an animated strip told from the POV of an apartment building. Good stuff.

Oh, and let's pause for a moment to salute the king of scat comedy, Richard Pryor, who died yesterday at the age of 65. Here's to ya Rich, you spastic bastard.

go jojo

go jojo

go jojo

(/moment)

OK, now that we have that out of the way, on to the important stuff. I've started a new blog. I know, I know, hardly makes sense to start a new blog when I just revived this one after a two year hiatus, but when inspiration smacks you in the side of the head with a 2X4 ...

The new blog is my attempt to get this novel I have rattling around in my head out into the light of a monitor. I've tried several different starts, several angles of attack, but I keep stalling. Mostly because I'm an avoidant procrastinator, but whatever. Inspired by posthumous and his Tales of the Antichrist I've decided to try my own episodic web novel - though I doubt I'll ever get as fancy with the coding as he does. If you enjoy sci-fi and aren't too worried about having your taste for it spoiled, check me out.

Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?